View PDF: Water Lynx BlocksOrder Now
Semi-soft block wrapped in plastic netting and enclosed in a vacuum bag. Block and netting color identify different block compositions.Description:
3.5” (W) X 9.5” (L) X 3” (H),
Size may reduce if the bag is punctured, as the block dries out. This will not negatively affect the characteristics of the block, but the block will need longer to hydrate.
One block will typically treat 20,000 m3 of sediment-laden water.
Variables affecting performance include water temperature, flow velocity, sediment load, UV radiation and system design.
Typical design configurations are calculated using one Water Lynx Block for every 50 to 100 gpm of flow.
For optimal use, ensure that the Lynx Block is fully immersed in water so the maximum surface area is available to passing fluids. Where possible, small stands may be used to ensure the bottom is not immersed in the sediment.
Note: Block will need to be in the water for at least 30 min. to allow for proper hydration of the block to occur.
Water Lynx Blocks are easy to use in:
- In situ: natural creeks and man-made ditches to remove suspended and dissolved materials/metals.
- In constructed baffle grids, with rock checks, rock baffles, sandbags or standard construction materials — wood, concrete, metal, large plastic pipe, ½ pipes, etc.
- In ponds when used in conjunction with appropriate mixing devices such as aeration or fountain equipment and/or waterfall designs.
- Design criteria should include the use of geo-jute to act as sediment collection and final polishing of discharge fluids.
- Easy to use, easy to integrate into existing operations
- Reduced operational costs to clean a cubic meter of sediment-laden water
- Reduced costs for disposal of end water, lower likelihood of regulatory fines
- Reduced shipping, handling, and storage costs — no TDG requirements.